Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Zealand

Hey guys, wanted to update you on my New Zealand trip.

I'm sure most of you have heard about the huge earthquake that hit Christchurch, New Zealand yesterday afternoon. It really hit the city hard and I am one lucky guy because I was booked to go to Christchurch the day after the earthquake hit rather than the day of. The hostel that I was supposed to stay in a day later has been completely destroyed and so I feel incredibly lucky that I wasn't in it.

Today I received news from my travel agent saying that the airport in Christchurch is now open and that the tour that I was scheduled to go on is still starting tomorrow morning because we should be completely safe. For that reason, I have decided that I am still going on the tour tomorrow. I will only be in Christchurch for about 6 hours until the tour leaves to a place called Franz Josef Glacier. I should be safe for my whole trip which will last about 8 days.

Anyway I'm positive I will be safe so no one worry :)

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment